Before starting work
- The exact details of the work to be undertaken will be agreed with the client and confirmed in writing.
- The client is asked to provide all available information pertinent to the investigation, including copies of documents where possible. Failure to do this may result in repetition of work which will be charged as part of the project.
- Clients should be aware that genealogical research can sometimes uncover family secrets which some members of the family may find distressing. All such findings will be treated sensitively and with discretion, but nonetheless, once revealed such issues cannot be reburied and so clients should be aware of this possibility.
- Unfortunately, with work of this nature, success cannot be guaranteed. Chances of success will be discussed with the client prior to starting work.
- If necessary, initial scoping work will be carried out to determine likelihood of success.
Payment is accepted by direct bank transfer, cheque, credit card and PayPal.
- A service charge of £3.50 will be added to credit card and PayPal payments of <£500.
£150 or less £151-£500 £501 or more Full payment in advance (non-refundable) 50% payment at start of project (non-refundable) 50% payment on delivery Payment schedule as agreed with client
Additional costs which may be applied at my discretion and following agreement with the client:
£150 or less
£501 or more
Full payment in advance (non-refundable)
50% payment at start of project (non-refundable) 50% payment on delivery
Payment schedule as agreed with client
- Travel time to and from archives and other sites: 50% of the standard hourly rate.
- Additional birth, marriage and death certificates: charged at cost
- Archive copying and photography costs: charged at cost
- Postage: charged at cost
Other than where stated above, if a project turns out to be achievable within the timescale and budget agreed with the client then, following discussion with the client, the project will be terminated. Charges will be limited to those for hours worked and other costs incurred at the time of termination. Details of research undertaken and findings up to that time will be provided to the client.
All client information will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with third parties without prior agreement of the client.
I am registered under the Data Protection Act.
Code of Conduct
I am an Associate of AGRA, the Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives and I am bound to their Code of Practice.
I am a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and, as such, subscribe to their code of ethics. (APG, www.apgen.org )